Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What I Wore: More #cheapgirlfashion

I want to preface this with an explanation of my perspective. I believe that being clothed in strength and dignity is more valuable and admirable than being well put together in pretty clothes. I believe that money is better spent on food or bills or causes than a trendy item or expensive piece of clothing. 

However, that being said, I find myself at my most productive when I am well dressed (and by well dressed I mean in outfits that were thought-out as opposed to sweatpants). I am more confident in my social interactions and am more likely to get off my bottom and get stuff done if I have put effort into my appearance for the day. 

So knowing my sense of frugality as well as my desire to put my best foot forward, #cheapgirlfashion documents through instagram and twitter my thrifted, gifted, and inexpensive finds and how I style them for real life. 

You might notice I have a formula for my outfits:
dress/skirt + jeans/tights/leggings + cardigan + belt + necklace/scarf. 
Knowing my formula makes it easier to put things together!

(Also, I worked at Rue21 for a short time years ago, so that's where those employee discounts came from!)


cardigan- thrifted, dress- Rue21 with employee discount, tights- Target

dress- thrifted, necklace- garage sale, leggings- hand me down from sister, boots- Target


cardigan- Rue21 with employee discount, tee- Target, skirt- thrifted, flats- Payless, belt- taken off another dress


cardigan- Old Navy clearance, dress- Charlotte Russe $5 wall, jeans- Forever 21, boots- Target, belt- thrifted


cardigan- Rue21 with employee discount, dress- thrifted, tank- thrifted, pearls- Sam Moon, headband- hand me down


cardigan- Rue21 with employee discount, blouse- Loft, thrifted, belt- Forever 21, jeans- J Crew, thrifted, flats- Target clearance, necklace- Claire's from years ago


cardigan- clothes swap, scarf- $5 Charlotte Russe, belt- Forever 21, dress- Rue21 with employee discount, tights- Forever 21, headband- hand me down


linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday!

pleated poppy

9 comments:

  1. you're so cute Chelsea! I love that you wear dresses all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that purple scarf and cardi! Great way to transition into spring!

    Dropping in from the link-up!

    Sheena
    http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love your HEART... and your style!!! "I believe that being clothed in strength and dignity is more valuable and admirable than being well put together in pretty clothes." = AMEN, sister. Well said. I was talking about fashion being an agent of influence - an opportunity to change the culture for Christ today on my blog!!! this is totally my thing. yes, love your <3 XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet! loved your post as well!

      Delete
  4. I love all of these outfits, you just look so darn cute in everything you wear! I love your haircut too. Stopping by from WIWW and following along now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it is possible to be productive in sweatpants. All those outfits look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfits! I'd love for you to link up to My Style Monday. http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-style-monday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of your outfits!! You look wonderful, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...