Thursday, September 13, 2012

DIY Caramel Syrup



I posted Monday about a cheap and delicious way to make iced coffee. I take mine to class with me every morning in my cute purple tumbler- with ice, half and half and two tablespoons of this goodness.

Of course you can buy your own flavored syrup. But this is SO simple, and you control what goes in it. I know that this recipe calls for A LOT of sugar but just remember that you don't use very much at once. It blends better than straight sugar or artificial sweetener in this liquid form. 

What You'll Need:
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup caramel sauce

I used this caramel sauce. You can make your own too! 


What To Do:
Combine ingredients over medium heat. Stir frequently until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store airtight in refrigerator. 

Add to coffee, lattes, milkshakes, etc!


Recipe from Annie's Eats 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...