Monday, November 12, 2012

Rethink Thanksgiving Dinner


I am very excited to share with y'all an awesome Thanksgiving menu this week. 

My favorite part about the concept of the menu is that everything is individually portioned. I know that portion control on Thanksgiving is the last thing on my mind and using ramekins, parfait glasses and smaller portions would totally help me be able to enjoy myself without suffering a tummy ache all afternoon. Plus, with proper portions I am able to try more dishes!

It also ensures that there is enough for everyone to try everything. It is such a bummer to find out there's no mac and cheese or mashed potatoes left at the serving table. This way, everybody gets one!

With this *almost* cocktail party setup, Thanksgiving is less about indulging and overeating, and more about truly appreciating the taste of what you're eating while you're enjoying the company of those around you. 

This menu would be perfect for non-formal get-togethers with friends before the actual holiday, or for a small family!

Stick around for fun takes on traditional favorites, ideas for leftovers, and homemade versions of the classics. Recipes to come!

For now, let me break down this simple, decorative set-up for you.

Leaf garland- homemade with felt and ribbon. Maybe $5.
Tablecloth- $2 at Wal-Mart
tiger striped pumpkins- $.04 at Wal-Mart. Yes, four cents. Get you some pumpkins!
chalkboard- hand me down.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...