Saturday, May 11, 2013

one year down

I have officially completed the first year of my Master's program at seminary. It has seriously been the most challenging year... ever- financially, emotionally, spiritually. But we are promised in scripture that "suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." (Romans 5:3-5)

God has been so faithful to provide through every step of my journey. He provided financially almost down to the dollar every month, even if that meant humbling my heart with gifts from others. He provided community for this girl that has a really difficult time developing healthy friendships. He provided time- to work, to study, to sleep- when I  managed it well. He provided wisdom from professors, friends, other bloggers, my parents, and church leaders when I found myself conflicted about spiritual matters. He's shown me grace where I've failed. And even though I'll likely be in the same situation through the next year and a half, He is always faithful. Walking with him through this season has just proved His goodness and grace and faithfulness, strongly juxtaposed against my prideful heart. 

The last couple of weeks have been full of paper writing (4 10+ page papers), studying (for 3 finals), and working on the cupcake truck. And that's about it.


Ringo kept me company while I studied. 

 and coffee fueled my productivitiy at Brewed

thank goodness for my Anthropolgie apron (gifted) because boy was I tired

 folding 50 of these giant boxes for a big event with cupcakes. 
cardboard cuts are the worst!


 After my last final I walked out of the building and literally started crying. I am amazed at what God has brought me through and so relieved to trade in the books for the summer and serve Him with cute kids instead! 

Hope y'all have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your first year! I'm so glad that God has continued to bless and provide for you. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing summer before next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so impressed that you are going through graduate school, blogging, and running your own baking business! That's so crazy! Sounds like God has been very good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am soo happy for you, girl! And I am blessed by you sharing all that you have walked through this year. I pray that God continues to flood you with blessings and love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...