Thursday, August 15, 2013

Veggie Chips and Creamy Avocado Dip



Growing up, my parents managed several different grocery stores, leaving my sister and I to build imaginary playgrounds in soup aisles, warehouse breezeways and loading docks. We built furniture from the displays of Coca Cola 12 packs, seating ourselves upon our red blocked thrones. We hid in the dairy freezer and squealed "moooo" every time someone grabbed a gallon of milk.  Obviously we were hilarious children. We passed shopping carts out to customers and, if we were lucky, walked away with tips (much to our parents' dismay). 





Spending my childhood in a grocery store inevitably led to certain quirks in adulthood. I posses unusual appreciation for the organization of stores, sensible layouts and small details which cater to children (like child size shopping carts). In addition, I am keenly aware of good quality, time tested brands of food. My parents intentionally taught us which names are a value for the quality. Without a doubt, Green Giant tops the charts on vegetable brands.

Ho Ho Ho. 

From when I first started cooking in college to now, my canned and frozen veggies are Green Giant. So when I heard that Green Giant introduced a line of veggie snack chips- made with real vegetables- I knew that I had to check it out! 

I received two 5 oz bags- Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in Garden Ranch and Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips in Barbecue- and legitimately almost finished them both the day I got them. It took some serious self-control to save some for later! 

I am genuinely impressed with both flavors. Both stayed crunchy after I left the bags open overnight (oops) and both really do have "giant" flavor. I especially love the sweet potato chips and will definitely be checking out their other flavors! 

To complement the bold flavors of the chips, I whipped up some creamy avocado dip to go with them. It is full of healthy fats to go with a healthier chip! 


What You'll Need:
1 small ripe avocado
1/2 cup fat free sour cream or Greek yogurt
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt 

What To Do:
Mash avocado in a bowl with a fork or immersion blender until smooth. Add sour cream/Greek yogurt, lime, garlic and salt and stir to fully combine. Serve with Green Giant veggie chips! 

With school fast approaching, I can see these being a regular part of my lunch routine. Just add a sandwich, infused water and sliced fruit and you've got a well balanced, quick meal! Or it could make the perfect snack for homework time! 

All in all, I was thoroughly impressed with Green Giant veggie chips and will definitely be purchasing them on the regular!


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...