Monday, November 4, 2013

Fall Fashion Favorites

Part of being financially responsible and thrifty means learning to dress cute without spending money. With fun social sharing through Pinterest, Instagram, and fashion blogs (and women who dress cute every single day at the seminary) it can be so easy to compare what I have to what they have and to wish I had more. However, this is not a season of life where I can justifiably 

Learning to live in contentment definitely takes work but is so worth it! Here are some of the essential pieces which have helped me put together fun fall outfits with things that I already own. Keep in mind that a Texas fall really means temperatures between 60-80 so you might need to bundle a little more for cooler climates :)

oatmeal colored cardigan ((similar one here)) I got my favorite cardigan at a thrift store for $2. It's not a name brand or anything but it goes really well as a neutral with almost everything I own! 

belts for your waist- I found my favorite belt at a thrift store for $1. It easily pulls layered outfits together with a flattering fit! Braided belts are my favorite because they're so adjustable. Forever 21 has super cheap belts in fun colors too. 

riding boots- I love my pair of boots from Target!  They are my absolute favorite. At $30, they didn't break the bank and I had someone ask me if they were Steve Madden... so not bad. Affordable, no heel, no excessive buckles or embellishments. They go with basically everything! Mine are from last season but here's a similar pair from F21.

leggings- I got a pair of leggings from Wal-Mart as a gift, and oh my goodness I live in those beautiful non-pants. Target has colorful leggings on sale for $6 right now so there's a pair for every dress/skirt you have. 

Really, with those essentials I build every outfit I have. Since Texas has a 9 month summer, my wardrobe consists of a lot of summer dresses, skirts, and tank tops.  With the fall essentials I listed I can incorporate those into a functional fall wardrobe! Add in some fun accessories like scarves and headbands and you're a regular fashion blogger ;)

Here are some of my favorite fall outfits so far this season, most of which are thrifted or gifted!
dress: Ivy Jane via Goodwill, cardi: thrifted, leggings: hand me down, boots: Target, headband: Oh Sweet Joy


cardi- clothes swap, scarf- Charlotte Russe, dress- Rue 21 

 cardigan- hand me down, belt- thrifted, dress- hand me down, pearls- Buffalo Exchange

cardi- thrifted, dress- closet sale, tights- F21, boots- Target, headband- Oh Sweet Joy

 sweater and scarf- hand me downs

sweater dress- Goodwill, necklace- F21, leggings- gifted, boots- Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...