Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Inspiration

It's no secret that I love Mexican food and culture. Although it falls right in the middle of finals week, I'm still dreaming about fabulous Cinco de Mayo party decorations and menus. Here are some of the things that are inspiring me. 

This fun pinata project from Studio DIY is gorgeous. And I just happen to have some gold spray paint! 

Love this party from Sweet Designs by Amy AtlasA gorgeous multicolor cake, churros with dipping sauce, and Jarritos! Jarritos are super cheap and colorful. 



The infamous Pinterest-y pinata cookies by She Knows. These are so stinkin adorable, right?!


We actually attempted these last year! Although... I failed to read through the entire recipe before we began and we didn't have quite enough time to complete them as directed. So we ended up making regular flat cookies, not filled with goodness. It would be super fun to try again! 

(nailed it.)

A Taco Bar like this one from Oh Sweet Joy- I'd love to include corn and flour tortillas; several meat fillings; and tons of fun toppings- cheeses, sour cream, and maybe mango cucumber salsa, strawberry avocado salsa, or verde ranch dressing.

  
Or what about a guacamole bar instead? Yes. Why do we not celebrate Mexican style more often? This example from Pink Parsley has me drooling. 


Plus so many of my established favorites would be perfect fits for a fiesta! Queso Blanco, Beans a la Charra, and Mango Agua Fresca are all time tested winners at my house.




 Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? What are your favorite foods and activities?

2 comments:

  1. I have celebrated it for almost ten years now! It all began in highschool when it fell on a Friday or Saturday and I decided to have a bunch of girl friends over for a sleepover complete with Mexican food, treats, decor, etc. :) Ever since then things have varied between going all out and keepimg it lowkey with an easy feast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by the kind of photography thats in this blog! The vibrancy of the colors, the photo composition! Everything just pops! wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...