Thursday, March 24, 2011

Photo Booth Fun!

On Valentine's Day, our youth group put on a banquet for the married couples in our church. One of the activities was a Faux-to Booth! I was a little nervous to take it on myself but seeing it on other wedding and party blogs inspired me.

So first, for the backdrop, I bought several yards of fabric. If you go this route, I suggest you iron it. I'm lazy and it didn't look terrible. Then, I just used push pins to attach it to the wall. If I'd had more time and money I might have created a pvc pipe frame or even used a shower curtain or wallpaper.


We set up a digital camera on a tripod and it was good to go! All I had to do was add props. I got some stiff felt and 20 cent dowels and make moustaches, lips and glasses. The project literally took me ten minutes to cut out the shapes and hot glue them to the rods. Add in some silly hats, tiaras and feather boas and we had a party!

Look how easy everything came together!


I was nervous that none of the adults would want to be silly on camera but I was SO WRONG! Unfortunately I don't have any of those pictures, but even the older adults were hamming it up for the camera :)

The best prop of the night, for sure, was the chalkboard speech bubble- another super easy project! I bought a sheet of foam board- maybe $3 at Hobby Lobby- and a can of Chalkboard spray paint which was about $5. I traced the shape of a speech bubble and then cut it out with a box cutter. I then sprayed it down with several coats of chalkboard paint. After it fully dried, I rubbed the side of the chalk all over the surface to prime it and it was good to go! It turned out so cute and is now a permanent fixture in our youth room!


Have you ever created a faux-to booth?? What did you use as a backdrop or for props?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...