Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Snickers Cupcakes


As a youth minister, I've tried to find ways to show love to my students in tangible ways and one of the ways that I love to do it is by baking them something special for their birthdays! This past week I had THREE birthdays so I decided to experiment with something fun- Snickers cupcakes!

I can personally vouch that these are fan-freakin-tastic right out of the oven. Mmmmmm.



For the cake:
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs; lightly beaten
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon of vanilla
24-30 frozen Snickers Miniatures
Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line (2) 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, vanilla and water.
4. Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared pans. {I use a large cookie scoop from OXO to scoop my batter; it holds 3 tablespoons}.
5. Gently push a frozen Snickers Miniature bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.

Since one of my students has braces and can't have the caramel in Snickers, I made one dozen with just the chocolate and frosting and one dozen with mini Snickers baked into the center of the cupcake.

Also, I don't really care for buttercream, so I just made a basic cream cheese frosting and drizzled it with caramel sauce and crushed candies.

1 pkg cream cheese
5 tbsp butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream together cream cheese and butter. Gradually add the powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla.

Definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...