Sunday, July 17, 2011

Moving Sucks

For the past year, I've lived in a little two bedroom apartment with my sister, Lindsey. Although we know exactly how to get under each others' skin, I've absolutely loved getting to be roommates with my best friend. We cook for each other, take care of each other and are allowed to have confrontations, because no matter what happens, we are still sisters the next day.

But, as we continue on with our lives, we are going separate ways. Lindsey is enrolling at Stephen F Austin State University to complete her undergraduate degree in Audiology and is moving out at the end of July.

I'm in the process of moving into a house in south Austin with three other lovely ladies as part of a kind of experimental community house. The four of us in the house will be seeking to live in community, to love and serve each other, and will be studying the Bible together weekly. It's honestly an answer to prayer, as I had planned to live alone for the year leading up to my seminary education. But I know that I'm prone to loneliness and self-pity so a house of girls who love Jesus and each other?? Thank you, Lord!

However, knowing that something awesome is in the future doesn't make the current situation any different. I hate moving and feeling displaced. I hate clutter and having to downsize my closet and my furniture. I hate leaving my sister. I'm looking forward to a month from now when I'll be settled in and everything will have a place. Things are going to be wonderful. The Lord has provided beautifully in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...