Monday, January 30, 2012

Make Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits


I don't know about y'all,
but I kinda hate getting up in the morning.
I am not bright and sunny and wanting to bounce downstairs 
and create a beautiful and healthy breakfast.
So a lot of mornings I end up with frozen waffles or toaster strudels or bagels, 
that get cold by the time I grab them on the way out the door.

This is one of the things that I can prepare the night before
that makes me actually want to eat breakfast.

Just layer sliced fruit
yogurt
and some homemade granola for topping!

I use a little Mason jar so I can just pop the lid on and refrigerate.
And because it's cute. 
I'm more willing to eat cutely packaged food in the morning.
You could make it more presentable by using a piping bag to 
layer the yogurt in the jar, but I'm not too picky.

This is also one of my ways of breaking 
myself from stopping at McDonald's.
There's one right by our church
and although I haven't been in a VERY long time,
I had a really unhealthy period of time where I stopped there
at least three times a week on the way to the office.
Ugh. 

Cheers to homemade
and healthy
and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...