My mom may not be the most fashionable woman on the planet
and my sister and I may give her a hard time about this
but we love that she always put us first,
even if that meant sacrificing a budget for her own wardrobe!
This is one of my absolute favorite photos of my mom. It's from her wedding day in 1987.
My parents had a very small wedding with just close family at my grandparents home.
I love how 80s all of it is
but I also love that she's just glowing and full of joy!
My mom is truly a beauty.
Here's how you can get this look!
- Curl with 1" round curling iron, curling away from face
- Finish with lots of Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine Super Spray
- Generously apply eyeshadow, blending to eyebrow
- Use MAC eyeshadow in Winkle
- Lightly apply lipstick
- Use MAC lipstick in Lady Danger, a coral-red
- Get a healthy glow for radiant, bronze skin (she used the tanning bed)
- Avoid unhealthy rays and use Fake Bake Flawless or your favorite self tanner
- stay classy with simple pearl necklace and earrings
- explore puffy sleeves with blouses like these!
- blue and white are perfect for summer
I hope that you have enjoyed a peak into my mom's style
and the ways you can emulate it now!
Linkin up with Erika at Rouge and Whimsy
and Heather at Truly Lovely Things!
Have a great week, y'all!