Here are some happy things I am very grateful for this week.
- New She Reads Truth study on Galatians
- Cheap, homemade iced coffee every morning (and sometimes afternoon too!)
- starbucks gift cards from my parents because they know that's the first thing cut from the budget
- Ho Hey by The Lumineers, Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars, Lost in my Mind by The Head and the Heart, It's Time by Imagine Dragons, I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons
- this cute guy keeping me company during study sessions
- episodes of Parenthood on Netflix during study breaks
- new friends from class to sit in chapel and visit churches with
- late night chats with Annie
- extended birthday celebration this month:
- restyling old clothes, free birthday drink, Oreo Dream Cheesecake (omg yes)
- pedicures and peanut butter pie from Brittany
- Brand new, gorgeous, Urban Outfitter bedding from David and Lindsey
- Having three job offers in one day- hopefully everything will be settled by the end of this week. I would GREATLY appreciate your prayers over these job situations!
- Getting a huge surprise in the form of a donation from a blog friend who wanted to support me while money is so tight. I don't know if there is anything as humbling and encouraging.
Things aren't perfect and there are definitely a lot of things to figure out with money, jobs, balancing school, finding the right church and forming friendships. But God is faithful. He uses little things to remind how incredibly blessed I am. Thank y'all so much for your encouragement, prayer and kind words. I am so grateful!
"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25-34