Monday, October 8, 2012

grateful

I want to take a few minutes and update you on some exciting things going on in my life that I am so grateful for!

1. This past weekend I got to chaperon a girls sleepover at OMBC. I have missed my students so much so it was an awesome time to catch up, stuff our faces and learn more about the character of God. We had a make your own waffle bar for dinner- it was a big hit! I highly recommend this for sleepovers/parties! My waffle was chocolate chip, pecan, and banana filled. Yuuuum!


We just used Pioneer Baking Mix and had a ton of mix in options: blueberries, strawberries, banana, apple, pumpkin, chocolate chips, and pecans. We had butter, syrup, powdered sugar and whipped cream for topping!






These are the only pictures of the sleepover I got because we were too busy playing Don't Forget the Lyrics and Sardines in the dark! It was so much fun to hang out with my favorite girls and I really hope to be able to go back again soon!

Saturday evening David and I (who I hadn't seen in a month oy!) watched the Texas game, with its many ups and downs. Win or lose, I love my Horns!


2. Remember this post when I was stressed out about starting a job and paying my bills? Well, I'm officially employed at a cupcake food truck! It is one of the most fun jobs I've ever had! And without a doubt, it is truly a gift from God. Everything, from the job duties and hours to the environment to the perks, fits with where I am right now.


3. A big thank you to everyone who voted for my youth group's worship band in the contest to play at Spirit Fest. They have made it to the finals! Now, the judges will pick five of the final ten bands to perform. We are thrilled and continue to be prayerful that God would use this as a springboard to further their pursuit of worship ministry. 



4. And in THREE DAYS I'll be heading to the Influence Conference! I have never been to Indianapolis (or really any of that part of the US), nor have I met any of these women in person before. I am so completely excited to spend fun roomie time with Annie, L, Erin and Margaret; to attend awesome sessions about blogging+Jesus; to party hard at the Stripes party; and to meet new friends. It's still a little unreal to me. 



My God is good. And He gives me such amazing gifts and I am so grateful!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making waffle at parties, very neat! Also, you look adorable in your cupcake get up! Congrats on finding a job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! So fun! A few weeks ago, I had my 6th grade girls small group over and we hooked up a projector outside and watched High School Musical and played Just Dance...so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...