Monday, March 18, 2013

Carnitas Five Ways


Well, hello lovelies! I hope that y'all had a beautiful week while I was away on spring break. I can't believe that it is over already. 

Sad. Day. 

I have been overwhelmed with goodness from my trip with my OMBC students this past week and I am truly sad to see it come to an end. I learned a lot and look forward to sharing it with you soon!However I am really not motivated right now to just mentally process all of that or to go through photos and construct posts, so for now I will leave you with this: 

five ways to eat carnitas (slow cooked seasoned pulled pork). I posted the recipe last year. It's fabulous, really. I made a big batch before midterms last week and found fun ways to eat it up!


Tacos
flour tortillas with carnitas, chipotle cream, avocados and sour cream. These went great alongside a Cherry Coke. 


Carnitas Quesadillas:
Buttered flour tortillas, layered with carnitas, cheddar cheese and refried black beans, topped with avocado and served with jalapeno cream sauce (sour cream, jalapeno, lime, salt, pepper). 


Carnitas Rice Bowl
wasn't that pretty so I didn't take a picture. I layered brown rice, carnitas, black beans, pico de gallo, sour cream, etc etc. 

Late Night Snack
garlic toast with avocado, carnitas, a fried egg and chipotle cream (sour cream, lime, chipotle seasoning)

Carnitas Stuffed Poblano
a poblano pepper stuffed with rice, tomatoes, onions, carnitas and goat cheese, served over creamy chipotle sauce. 


I really hope that if you haven't tried this fantastic and budget friendly meal-maker that you will! It is quite versatile and reheats beautifully. 

AND

Come back tomorrow for an exciting announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...