one last weekend to soak up summer, sunshine and sleep... although, let's be honest, it's going to be quite sunny and hot here in Texas for a while longer.
I especially love Labor Day because I was born on it! My birthday falls on Thursday this year but the long weekend gave me a great excuse to visit my parents and enjoy some time relaxing before the year really kicks into high gear.
Here are some high points from the past week/weekend:
- Getting to meet my best friend's newborn baby! Cooper Grant is absolutely darling and he and his parents are doing well. Unfortunately I didn't get a good photo before he had to go to the nursery but I'll get to go visit again soon.
- chick flick marathon
- chatting with my friend Dallas
- stealing recipes from my parents' cookbooks
- revisiting silly home movies
- board games for days
We played by the hour and ran out of time to finish this game. But look, y'all I was TOTALLY going to WIN!
- eating til I pop
- goofing off with my family
- frozen custard sundae at Freddy's
How did you spend your Labor Day weekend?