Monday, September 2, 2013

labor day love

I love Labor Day. 

one last weekend to soak up summer, sunshine and sleep... although, let's be honest, it's going to be quite sunny and hot here in Texas for a while longer. 

I especially love Labor Day because I was born on it! My birthday falls on Thursday this year but the long weekend gave me a great excuse to visit my parents and enjoy some time relaxing before the year really kicks into high gear. 

Here are some high points from the past week/weekend:

  • Getting to meet my best friend's newborn baby! Cooper Grant is absolutely darling and he and his parents are doing well. Unfortunately I didn't get a good photo before he had to go to the nursery but I'll get to go visit again soon. 
  • chick flick marathon
  • chatting with my friend Dallas 
  • stealing recipes from my parents' cookbooks  

  • revisiting silly  home movies
  • board games for days 

  • bowling

We played by the hour and ran out of time to finish this game. But look, y'all I was TOTALLY going to WIN!


  • eating til I pop
  • goofing off with my family 

  • frozen custard sundae at Freddy's


How did you spend your Labor Day weekend?

1 comment:

  1. it looks like y'all had a blast! that breakfast looks absolutely delish. you posted that this morning and i was like, "ahhhh YUM."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...