Saturday, September 3, 2011

Top Five Simple Joys this Week:


1. Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine


Weird video, but it elicits joyous dancing everytime it comes on.

2. The Pioneer Woman Cooks


This is her Pork Chops with Apples and Creamy Bacon Cheese Grits. YUM.


I've been following cooking blogs a bit obsessively this year, but overall I'm okay with this obsession. The Pioneer Woman has some absolutely delicious recipes, several of which I've already attempted. Plus, her writing style is hilarious and informative at the same time. WIN.

3. The Hunger Games

I read all three books in a matter of one weekend. And oh my goodness, they were so good that I'm reading them all again. The writing is not perfect and sometimes I guess loopholes in the logic of the book, but the plot and premise are so intriguing and engaging that I can't put this book down. I'm excited to see how it translates into film next year!

4. Iced Caramel Macchiatos




This has become my summer drink of choice. It has just enough flavoring to make the coffee delicious, but not so much to overpower the actual coffee flavor. I find myself getting frustrated with so-called coffee drinks which are drowned in chocolate or ice cream or whatever that menu has decided is more appealing. I'm slowly developing an adult taste palate and with that comes an adoration of this drink.

At $5 a pop though, I'll need a homemade version and stat. My first attempt of a home brewed caramel macchiato was less than satisfactory so I'll let you know if I come up with something worth posting!

5. My Anthropologie apron
As a cupcake retailer, I encounter a lot of frosting. So I sport my super cute apron every shift. It's a talking piece and I get lots of compliments. Plus it's so just fun to wear, whether at work or cooking in my kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...