Friday, August 31, 2012

Roasted Peaches with Greek Yogurt, Honey and Walnuts



If you've never browsed through Eat Live Run, please do yourself a favor and go do that right now. No, really. It's bursting with delicious recipes and gorgeous photos that will make you drool. 

Ok, are you back? Fantastic. Today I'm sharing my take on her roasted peaches! If you think it looks good, just wait until you smell and taste this delectable, pretty healthy dessert! (or breakfast, whatever)

I subbed in what I had on hand. Although I love me some goat cheese (which the original recipe calls for), I just had Greek yogurt which is still tangy and creamy! This would also work with mascarpone or even gorgonzola. 




What You'll Need:
(serves 2)
1 large ripe yellow peaches, halved
4 TBSP plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 TBSP honey
1/3 cup roasted walnuts, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.
Scoop out peach pits and roast peaches halved side up on a lined baking sheet for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool briefly then scoop one tablespoon of Greek yogurt in the center of each peach half. Drizzle honey over the peaches and top with chopped walnuts.

Recipe adapted from Eat Live Run 

4 comments:

  1. oh this looks wonderful! 2 of my very good friends are reading this book right now. When I finish the two books I'm reading now I'll grab this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be attempting to find these ingredients in my local supermarket. The greek yogurt I think will be the most difficult to find. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!
    you are amazing.
    that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - these look absolutely delicious! If only I could get my husband to enjoy peaches...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...