Friday, July 26, 2013

Watermelon Limeade


This has been a summer of fun, fresh, fruit flavors- including strawberry pineapple lemonade (pureed strawberry, canned pineapple and lemonade powder), sparkling strawberry limeade, mango ague fresca, and now- watermelon limeade.

If you think biting into a juicy slice of watermelon is refreshing, wait until you take a sip of this balanced, sweet and tart, fresh fruit juice! The notes of watermelon leave a stunning pink color and a distinct taste- with almost the same hint as cucumber- light, lovely and summery. The limes add complementary tartness, coupled with simple syrup (or agave/honey/etc), to make this drink well-rounded. 

There is plenty of room to adjust according to taste with the recipe. In fact, I did not follow a recipe when I prepared the giant batch for our group- I just adjusted by taste. I am including estimations of how much you'll need, but adjust for your liking!

What You'll Need:
1 cup diced watermelon
2 cups cold water
2 limes
1/4 cup simple syrup*

What to Do:
In a blender, combine watermelon and water until homogeneous. Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer to catch any seeds and pulp. Squeeze limes directly into watermelon mixture, add simple syrup, stir and pour over ice! 

*To make simple syrup, simmer one cup water with one cup sugar, stirring frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool and then measure and add to your drink!

___

After posting on Instagram, my friend Jackie posted a photo of her girls making the watermelon limeade and I was so tickled! If you ever try a recipe I have posted, please let me know! I love seeing how they turn out in other people's kitchens :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...