Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Infused Water


As warmer weather approaches, I am reminded of the necessity of staying hydrated. [Okay actually I tried to sell plasma to raise money for a friend's mission trip and they told me I was too dehydrated to donate. Lame.]  And I don't actually like water. I would much rather have Dr. Pepper or iced coffee... or lemonade... or really anything with some flavor! In an effort to satisfy by taste buds and my hydration needs, several infused water flavors were tested.

So here are some simple and delicious ways that I spiced up my water- by infusing them with fruits, vegetables and herbs! I stored the water in Mason jars, mostly because they're airtight and I don't have any pitchers with lids. I removed the lime slices after 3-4 hours because the rind started to leave a funny taste in the water. 

Pineapple-Blueberry Infused Water. This flavor was really delicious! The blueberries tinted the water a pretty pink hue and the pineapple left sweet notes in every sip. 

Cucumber Lime, Blueberry Lime, and a mess of Cucumber, Lime, Jalapeno and Cilantro.

The Cucumber Lime water was crisp and refreshing! I really liked it. 

The blueberry lime was very pretty and pretty tasty as well- be sure to muddle the blueberries for more of their flavor! 

The spicy water was super spicy. If I do it again I will definitely cut down on the amount of jalapeno I use and how long I let it soak. 

I have gotten some great suggestions for other combinations to try such as strawberry basil, watermelon mint and raspberry lime. What is your favorite flavor of infused water?

4 comments:

  1. these sound delicious. i've been trying to drink more water, and less tea and it's been a struggle. maybe i'll try one of these options. The pineapple blueberry sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun and creative! I need to get some mason jars to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the jalapeno and cilantro one sounds interesting! i love blueberry and pineapple combination. so yumm! today i was actually going to make cucumber and watermelon water with mint. more like an agua fresca kind of thing. crossing fingers i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog--I love it & your faith in Christ! I am excited to follow all of your blogging adventures. I am new to the blogging scene, follow me at http://foreverconvinced.blogspot.com/ :) xo- Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...